Volunteer with the You Can Play Project
There are a Number of Great Ways You Can Show Support for You Can Play...
Spread the Word about the You Can Play Project
For a one-page summary of our mission and background that you can share with your teammates and friends - or hand out at sporting events to help spread our message - click HERE.
Make Your Own You Can Play Video
You Can Play encourages teams, schools and sports fans at every level to participate in the You Can Play Project. For details and tips on how to make a great video in support of the project, read HERE.
Make a Donation to You Can Play
- For donors who would like a U.S. charitable tax receipt, please donate HERE.
- For donors who would like a Canadian charitable tax receipt, please donate HERE.
Does your employer match employee charitable donations? Many of them do, so just ask!
Plan an Event in Support of You Can Play
- Find and/or partner with an existing event in your community, such as a walk-a-thon or marathon and ask if it could also be a fundraiser for You Can Play
- Casual days, a-thons, dinners, galas, socials, bake sales, garage/yard sales, book sales, car washes, coin collection, school fun fairs, fashion shows, book club, auctions, raffles, lunch money, concerts, sporting events
- Get your school or community group involved in an event that encourages everyone to PLAY!
- In lieu of gifts for special occasions (birthdays, weddings, bat/bar mitzvahs, etc.) ask for donations to You Can Play from family and friends
Create You Can Play Signs and Patches
Do you want to show your athletes, school, team and fans that you support the You Can Play mission? Put patches on athletic gear and create signage that states our mission of ensuring the safety and inclusion of all in sports - including LGBTQ athletes, coaches and fans.
Encourage Corporate Support
Does your workplace or organization want to get involved with You Can Play? Please contact Jillian Svensson, VP of Development & Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request You Can Play for a Speech, Training, or Workshop
For your school, organization, company, or team, you can request a You Can Play speaker for a presentation, workshop, or training. Submit requests to Chris Mosier, VP of Program Development & Community Relations at email@example.com.
Share Your Support for You Can Play on Social Media
Take a Stand: HERE